Jenkins Vs Teamcity CI Tool
Hi Guys !!
Today lets talk about Jenkins and Teamcity, and find out the Difference between them!!
What is Jenkins?
Let’s Quickly understand what Jenkins is all about. Jenkins is all about the integration part — Building your Code, Testing and Integrating it with the existing Code. Its an Open Source Automation Tool written in Java with Plugins built for Continuous Integration Purpose.
Its used to build and test your Software programs — continuously making it easier for developers who integrate changes to the product and making it easier for users to opt in a Fresh Bid.
How does Jenkins Work?
First — Developer checks and commits his code.
Second — Jenkins will pick up the Changed Source Code and trigger the bid
Third — accordingly the tests are performed
Fourth — The output is then available in the Jenkins Dashboard. Automatic Notifications can also be sent to Developers.
Why use Jenkins?
With Jenkins, organizations can accelerate the software development through automation . It integrates development life-cycle processes of all kinds including —build, document , test, package, stage, deploy , static analysis and much more.
Jenkins achieve continuous integrations through Plugins. Plugins allow the integration of various devops stages . If you want to Integrate a particular tool , then the desired plugin has to be installed. For example — Gate — Maven , Amazon — EC2 and so on.
The advantage of Using Jenkins
- easy to install
- 1000+ plugins
- free of cost
- Built with java , hence can automate in various platforms
Teamcity is Java Based and is a commercial CI/CD Server. Created by JetBrains to build automation and management tools.
Powerful Continuous Integration out of the box
When compared to Jenkins, The Teamcity has many advantages
- Setup and Administration is way easier.
- Simple Configuration
- Can integrate with Docker for automatically creating containers
- Triggers the build automatically
- Out of box integration with popular tools — Version Control, Issue tracker, Package Repository
How TeamCity Works?
It has a very clear Architecture
- A central Management componenet called Teamcity Server — where you can configure your builds and build information all in an UI.
- To run — Teamcity has Build Agents — to execute the build configurations and connect as many agents as you want.
- Can be installed on premise, Cloud providers and so on
- Different tools can be installed on different agents.
- Teamcity automatically detects , which build agent can execute which build
Difference between Jenkins and Teamcity