Dell introduces APEX Red Hat OpenShift service for enterprise-style container management
Dell is making big waves with its APEX Red Hat OpenShift service, a new way for businesses to manage containers – those nifty digital packages for running software. Here’s the scoop in plain English:
1. What’s the Deal: Dell has introduced a fresh service for handling containers, which are like digital boxes for software. They’re teaming up with Red Hat OpenShift, a popular software that helps manage these containers.
2. APEX Cloud Platform: Dell has created something called the APEX Cloud Platform. It’s designed to make using containers a piece of cake. It works with virtual machines, too. They’ve joined forces with Red Hat to make this happen. They’re using fancy new computer servers and storage tech for it.
3. Smooth Updates: Dell’s system is smart. It helps you keep your container software up to date easily. No more hassles with complicated updates. It’s like having your phone automatically update its apps.
4. Helping Hand: Dell isn’t leaving you hanging. They offer support services to make sure you understand and use their container system like a pro. They want to make the transition to containers super smooth for you.
5. Adding AI: This isn’t all – Dell is also jumping into the world of artificial intelligence (AI). They’re giving you a guide on how to use AI to create digital assistants. These assistants can understand and respond to your questions. They’re using something called Large Language Models (LLM) and Retrieval Augmented Generation (RAG) to make this happen.
6. The RAG Magic: RAG is like a secret sauce for AI. It makes sure the answers you get are top-notch. It also shows you where the AI got its information, so you can trust it more. It’s a bit like having a super-smart assistant who always has the right answers and shows you their sources.
In a Nutshell:
Dell’s APEX Red Hat OpenShift service is changing the game for handling containers. They’re teaming up with Red Hat to make container management super simple. With the APEX Cloud Platform, you can use containers and virtual machines without breaking a sweat. Updates are a breeze, and Dell is here to help you every step of the way.
But that’s not all – Dell is also dipping its toes into AI. They’re showing you how to create smart digital assistants with their guide, using the powerful RAG framework. It’s like getting your very own AI sidekick that’s not only super smart but also super trustworthy. In a nutshell, Dell is on the cutting edge of container and AI technology, making it easier for businesses to thrive in the digital world.