How to Decide between Job Offers?
In the current IT-world & its unbelievable stretch, the demand in Job open positions and heavy competition in hiring the right talents from employers, most of the Job seekers end up receiving multiple job offers. Minimum 3 to 5. The employers are well aware of the situation and the number of job offers a job seeker holds.
The bargain begins from the employer end to grab the talent and at the other end, the confusion begins on which offer to choose and on what basis to choose from the employee end.
Let’s talk about the Employer version in another blog . Here we will see the view from the Employee.
Listing the criteria with priority from the employee’s view while choosing the Job offer ( most of the time ):
1. Salary hike, % offered by the companies
2. Salary breakup — Fixed Pay, Variable Pay, Joining bonus
3. Product based or Service based company
4. Job Role & Designation
5. About the company, its business & growth
Even though the salary is considered as the first priority, the job seeker does not blindly go with that decision, rather start gathering more details before choosing the right offer to his mind.
1. Talk to friends, Mentor
2. Try to get connected with the new company employees through Linkedin and gather their experience
3. Reviews from Glassdoor and other medias
4. Get a clear picture on the Job Description to which you are getting hired in
5. Get to know about the shift model ( if applicable )
After all this research, the Job seeker decides his path at the 11th hour and chooses a company. But with loads of confusion & taking a calculated risk not knowing the actual road ahead as the company, the project & the team which he gets assigned to might be or might not be what he expected.
So, what if the end result is not in favour — lets talk more in upcoming blogs